27 Times Cinema 2020
Europa Cinemas is op zoek naar 27 jonge Europese filmfanaten die naar het Venice Film Festival willen!
Wil jij meedoen? Lees hieronder wat je daarvoor moet doen! We informeren je vanaf nu in het Engels, omdat je je ook in het Engels moet aanmelden.
Be part of this year's 27 Times Cinema!
27 Times Cinema* invites 27 young European filmgoers (one participant per member state of the European Union) to attend the 2020 Venice Film Festival as Jury Members of the Giornate degli Autori selection.
Who can participate?
- Young people passionate for cinema aged between 18 - 25 years,
- With good ability to write articles and blogs,
- Active on either Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat,
- With aptitude in either podcasting, blogging, video editing, photographing or any other communication tools that could help in building up a communication campaign,
- Good knowledge of English (reading, written and spoken) to actively take part in the discussions around the films with film professionals.
How to participate?
1. Send a video selfie in which you explain what you love in cinema. Start the video saying “Cinema for me is…” Make it original!
- Videos have to be shoot in English,
- In high resolution (Full HD: 1920x1080 px) and with an excellent audio recording,
- Duration: 30 seconds,
- The following information should be visible on the video: Name and country of origin,
- Sent the video to firstname.lastname@example.org via Wetransfer.
What will happen next?
If selected, you will win a flight ticket to Venice and get free accommodation in the Lido where the festival takes place. You’ll be offered a free festival accreditation (giving also priority access to the Giornate degli Autori screenings).
You should commit yourself to:
- Be present in Venice before the start of the festival from Tuesday 1st of September to Sunday 13th September 2020 (festival dates: September 2nd - 12th),
- Be a jury member for the films competing for the Giornate degli Autori. A festival accreditation (giving priority access to screenings of the Giornate degli Autori) will be provided,
- Take part in round tables, discussions, masterclasses and workshops focused on improving your communication skills as influencer and social animator so that you could be actively involved in raising the awareness on the new LUX audience award,
- Contribute to the Europa Cinemas website and social networks,
- Use the following months after the festival to promote and spread the new LUX Prize - European Audience Film Award using the tools learned in Venice and their own capacity in terms of networking and established web community,
- Participate in events organized in the frame of the LUX Prize - European Audience Film Award (mainly January-May of the following year).
Will we see you at the Venice Film Festival? Good luck!
*Co-organised by the European Parliament, the LUX Prize, the Giornate degli Autori and Europa Cinemas, 27 Times Cinema aims to promote shared values and cultural diversity through cinema among young people.